Support the show, consider donating: 1BciftGTVVzkfViKueG1u5KNtMVfM8xAuc (http://bit.ly/2fx1X4d)
As a lead developer of the Apache webserver and founder of the Apache Software Foundation, Brian Behlendorf has played a central role in building internet architecture. Recently, he became Executive Director of the Hyperledger Project that aims to build foundational blockchain technology in an open-source, collaborative way.
Topics discussed in this episode:
– Brian’s role in the development of the Apache server and Apache Software Foundation
– The flaws in how blockchain software is currently being developed
– Why blockchain needs a foundation to steer the development of its foundational technology
– The key lessons from the Apache Software Foundation that inform Hyperledger’s approach
– Hyperledger’s membership and organizational structure
– The role of software licenses and why he favors Apache
Links mentioned in this episode:
– Hyperledger Website: https://www.hyperledger.org/
– Brian Behlendorf’s Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Behlendorf
– Brian Behlendorf’s Website: http://brian.behlendorf.com/
– Blockchain Meetup Berlin Hyperledger Talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huN0dcKHD9U
– Jaxx: Wallets that Unify the Blockchain Experience Across Devices – http://jaxx.io
– Ledger: Smart card security for your Bitcoins – Get 10% off your first order when you use the code EPICENTER – http://ledgerwallet.com
Watch or listen, Epicenter is available wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, Sébastien Couture & Meher Roy.